Straight from the Life of Kel

My Life, My Loves & My Pursuit of Those

Fat Bottom Bag


I visited my LYS and I was in search of yarn for the fat bottom bag. I just did not want to use the recommended Lion Brand Cotton. So I settled on this 80% cotton/20% wool blend that feels heavenly and crocheted up beautiful. So here it is .............





Fat Bottom Bag



I lined it with a sage green solid fabric..I had it on hand so it worked out great. I am still considering a ribbon like suggested but we will see what I find. For now, I am happy with the end results. My mom wants one now. The brooch I picked up at Joanns and loved it so that is why I picked green for the purse plus I thought it was a nice autumny color. I followed the pattern to the stitch, it was easy to follow and the longest part was hand sewing in the lining. I will probably make this bag again. For now I am moving onto my CAL at Fiber Freaks and going to start on my scarf which will be for myself. Yay for FOs!

Also while out and about I went to Joanns and bought this..

AND......



The rainbow boucle is for a shawl..still deciding on a pattern, I am open for suggestions. The Bernat Satin is for my scarf. I will see how much I wear it before I invest in a nicer yarn. I have never been one for scarves but I figured it was time for me make one for myself.

I also got the Knifty Knitter. I think it is fun.. I have been playing with it on and off. So I will see if I can get the $8.50 I paid out of it. Got to love those 40% off coupon plus the extra 10% ones too.

Anyways.. we have not been up to much lately but relaxing. Caleb and I are coming down with colds. Just how we want to spend the rest of our summer.

I am off to be crafty once again. Night all!

Sidebar Links and Information

About Me

Name: Kel
Home: Thurston County, Washington, United States

More About Kel »



Fat Bottom Bag Lining

Join | List |
Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf
Powered by Blogger